These donut muffins were *oh wow* good. Especially hot out of the oven. Even then, they still weren’t bad cold. Mmm…hot, cinnamon sugary donut muffins and a tall glass of cold milk. Yum!
- Donut Muffins
(recipe courtesy of Bake & Destroy)
- 1/3 c oil
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 c milk
- For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/2 c sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 c butter, melted ( I only used 3 T of butter…a whole stick seemed like a whole lot to me )
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease your muffin tin.
2. Cream the oil, sugar and the egg in a medium bowl. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the milk to the creamed mixture, starting with the flour ( 3 additions of flour / 2 of milk ).
4. Fill each of the cups in the muffin tin about 1/2 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Immediately remove the muffins from the pan and dunk them in the butter. Then roll them in the cinnamon sugar. ( I just dipped the tops in the butter and cinnamon sugar. I tried one with the whole muffin covered and it was a little too sugary for me. This is why I was able to get away with using just 3 T of butter. )