I’m obsessed with finding seafood recipes that my husband will eat. This one sounded interesting and different than the normal “marinade and bake” deal. My hubby does not enjoy feta cheese however, but I thought I could still make this work.
The blog I found this on called this a spinach and feta salmon bake, but the spinach seemed to be missing in her photo. I don’t know that I would have liked it without the spinach. My fillets were a little small so the cheese layer ended up pretty thick. Next time, I think I’ll only use 1/2 c of feta. Overall, it was pretty good. Salmon smothered with spinach dip. Yum! 🙂
- Spinach and Feta Salmon Bake
slightly adapted from this recipe on the Opera Singing Chef
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 – 3/4 c crumbled feta
1 green onion, thinly sliced
5 oz frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper
2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet or broiler pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Lay the salmon fillets on the lined cookie sheet. Spread the spinach and cheese mixture over the salmon.
3. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes.